The internet has become one of the most necessities of human beings in this rapidly developing and technologically advanced world. People from all nooks and corner are gaining access to the benefits of the internet. This generation is running entirely on the use of networking. It is vital to get blazing fast browsing speed these days to stay updated with the everyday world. One of the essential aspects of keeping your router healthy over a long time is staying updated with the latest firmware. Installing firmware updates for the router is usually unheard. Well, upgrading to the newest firmware will keep your internet experience fresh.
TP-LINK is one of the oldest networking solution manufacturers available globally. The company started in 1996, and ever since then has revolutionized the way internet networking has worked. TP-LINK is a Chinese manufacturer based in Shenzhen, China. They took to the Global stage and made a dramatic appearance in their first year of operations outside of China in 2008. Today TP-LINK has become a common household name whenever networking solutions get discussed.
Why do you need firmware updates for routers?
The principle is quite simple, just like any other software update a firmware update for routers is also meant to increase the performance and fix previous bugs. TP-LINK is known to regularly update the firmware so that their consumers get the best results with the help of their existing routers. Many internet service providers of their customers with their personalized routers. These routers get updated automatically because of their ISP’s roots. TP-LINK being a third party manufacturer and service provider releases its software and firmware updates on its website. These updates need to be installed manually so that your router can work more efficiently. Here is what gets added to your router with firmware updates –
TP-Link Customer Firmware | Features
Perform their update can increase the features on your router. This adds more functionality to your Internet usage and adds many management options.
- Router performance
If you are facing subsequent internet speed loss and frequent disconnection, then this can be a problem of your router firmware. An update can help to improve the performance of your router and provide higher quality internet connectivity.
It is important to stay secure while browsing the internet. Wireless connections are already at a higher risk of getting hacked. A simple firmware update can help you to stay safe from such attacks and enhance the security of your router.
Installing Custom Firmware on TP-Link
Follow the steps to install the latest firmware for your router device successfully –
- Find the router model number. This is usually given at the back of your device or underneath the router.
- Identify the IP address for your device. The IP address can be obtained by merely using command prompt and typing the command ipconfig.
- Search for the latest firmware for your TP-link router by using the following keyword on google – open-source firmware download for (name and model of your router).
- Open up the router management page for your TP-link device by entering the following link in your browser 192.168.1.1.
- The update from where the feature can be found under the advanced settings of the TP-link router. Install the latest custom firmware to enjoy better internet access.