TP-LINK is the leading face of internet communication online because of its esteemed networking brand. Their routers are famous worldwide and have become a global sensation in the internet community. They are known to provide high-speed internet access All Around The World and make efficient networking tools at affordable prices.
A cable modem is still a popular form of internet connection these days in developing countries. This form of internet communication as often stigmatized as low-speed internet connections. With increasing Technology, their speeds are also becoming Rapid fast.
What are Cable Modems?
A cable modem is a device that allows your computer to connect to the internet over a Landline connection. The essential purpose of such a tool used to convert analog signals to a digital signal. This is a popular form of broadband internet connection around the world. Many router manufacturers, including TP-LINK, have combined in a single device. This allows you to plug in the internet line to your router and connect to wireless internet. A cable modem provides high-speed internet in comparison to dial-up connections which used to be popular in the late 1990s and early 2000s. Some popular cable internet providers are Comcast and Time Warner in the US.
Do you need a cable modem?
The cable modem is only necessary if you have a wired connection that plugs into your home. Many times we are unaware that routers are preconfigured to work as modems as well. If you have a subscription to a landline cable connection, then you need access to a modem for browsing the internet.
Who doesn’t need a cable modem?
A cable modem is not necessary for many internet providers who belong to any of the following criteria –
Dial-up based internet connections require a DSL modem which is structural and functional you different from a cable modem.
- Static IP
If your internet service provider only gives access to static IP based connections, then a cable modem is unnecessary.
Advanced DSL based connections do not require a cable modem at all and can directly work with a router.
Installing TP-Link router for cable internet connection
Here’s a simple guide to get your internet working in no time with a cable modem and a TP-Link router –
- Turn off your modem, router, and computer to manually reset the devices.
- Now connect the modem using an ethernet cable to your TP-Link router.
- This should be followed by connecting the TP-Link router using a LAN cable to your personal computer.
- Then turn on your router first followed by the modem and computer.
- Go to TP-Link’s official website so that it can work with your modem. Link – tplinkwifi.net
- Login using the default it admin ID and password given on your router.
- Head over to network connection settings and select WAN options.
- Select the dynamic IP address and click on save.
- Within the network, settings head over to MAC Clone options.
- Click on clone MAC address followed by the save button.
This should help to establish a successful connection between the modem and the router. Now you can easily browse the internet at rapid fast speeds.